Thursday, December 6, 2007

white gold---snow

It's really normal for the people here to see snow. It was snowing so heavily that I had never seen in my life before. This is the first time I'm so close to another message from the sky. I never forget that when I was in my high school, once snow gave all the students a surprise, even there was just a little in grass and trees. We collected as much snow as we can to throw and created snowmen. It was a fantastic time in my whole life.

I could not dispute its invitation, I went outside, and played it with my friends.

It was cold and pure, with it in my hands, I learned the meaning of winter again: It is a chance to come back to your childhood again, find out the real person you are instead of the you which is mixed the sociability from this complex human world.

Come back to the origial heart!

1 comment:

Eunice said...

Vicki,
I really enjoyed all of your blogs! The thanksgving dinner you attended was really very large. Some family dinners are smaller becase families are smaller.

I am happy that you enjoyed the snow, so I will share my own snow story that was not so much fun.
In 1967, when I was 18 years old, we recieved over 4 feet of snow in less than 12 hours. I was working in an office and we did not go home early enough. By the time we left, all of the city buses and trains had stopped running. My boss tried to give me a ride because his home was near mine. We managed to get down main roads very slowly, but small streets were not passable at all. So, we left his car on a main street and we both had to walk in different directions. I had to walk 7 blocks in the heavy snow, and in those days, women usually wore skirts or dresses to work! Since I am not that tall, the snow was over my knees, so the walking was VERY SLOW and cold. I remember that it took me over an hour just to walk the 7 blocks. WHen I finally arrived home, I was never so glad to see the indoors in my life. To this day, I remember that day as one of the coldest and lonliest days of my life.

I still enjoy snow sometimes -- but not too much!

Blog Archive

the way to your home

the way to your home
may be in your heart